D5060, 5060, 24060
D5060, 5060, 24060|
Built Crewe Works (from batch 5030 - 5065).
Shortened fuel tank, full size water tank.
Trip cock fitted.
The fifteen year eight month career of 5060/24060 saw allocations to Eastern Region & London Midland Region depots.
The frames for D5060 were laid down at Crewe Works during October 1959, D5060 was new to March (31B) on January 2nd 1960. Further transfers were:
October 1960 to Longsight (9A) on loan.
November 1960 to Willesden (1A).
November 1960 to Longsight (9A).
January 1961 to Crewe (5A).
February 1961 to Willesden (1A).
March 1961 to Finsbury Park (34G).
July 1966 to London Division (D01) on loan, made permanent August 1966.
April 1967 to Stoke Division (D05).
February 1969 - to store (at Chester).
April 1969 - reinstated to Stoke Division (D05).
May 1973 to Crewe.
October 4th 1975 - withdrawn.
Renumbered March 30th 1974.
After withdrawal 24060 was stored at Crewe until September 7th 1976 when it moved to Swindon Works and was broken up by the last week of January 1977.
Movement: 24055/56/60/136 9X75 06.45 Crewe - Banbury – Swindon September 7th 1976 by 25063.
Works visits (records incomplete).
Noted Doncaster Works April & November 1963.
Noted Derby Works April 1966.
Noted Crewe Works November 1968.
Noted Derby Works April 1970.
Noted Derby Works October 1972.
Noted Derby Works April & November 1973.
Condition July: green livery with small yellow warning panels, curved upper corners, does not cover frame level stripe, gap between bottom of yellow warning panel & stripe; full size water tank, shortened fuel tank, trip cock equipment fitted, steam style shed plate on cabfront.
Condition (no date): green livery with small yellow warning panels, curved upper corners, covers frame level stripe; blanking plates fitted, two-rung bogie mounted footstep.
Page added June 12th 2016.
Return to Picture menu
Return to Home page