The fifteen year three month career of D5153/25003 included allocations to Eastern, London Midland & Scottish Region depots.
Built: BR Darlington Locomotive Works.
D5153 was new to Thornaby (51L) on May 10th 1961. Further transfers were:
November 1967 to Carlisle (12A) on loan, made permanent December 1967.
Renumbered March 1974.
25003 was the 10th Class 25 withdrawn, one of two retired during August 1976.
After withdrawal 25003 was moved to Glasgow Works by early October 1976 and scrapped there by January 1978.
Works visits (records incomplete).
Noted Derby Works July & August 1965.
On an unknown date D5153 (in green livery, with small yellow warning panels) was noted lying on its side at Hesleden Bank (Hartlepool), presumably having run through catchpoints? It presumably required a Works visit to rectify the damage sustained to its side.
An odd combination noted working the 6M70 18.50 Millerhill - Carlisle freight was 5153 leading 1534 on April 10th.
In the early hours of May 26th 5153 was noted at Motherwell depot in plain green with full yellow cabfronts.
July 26th, 25003 & 25025 were stabled at Ayr depot.
25003 was withdrawn on August 18th 1976.
Not all known passenger workings are recorded on this page.
Page added August 10th 2013.