A line of three Class 24s at Stratford depot, all from different builders; D5052 (Crewe), D5067 (Derby) & D5094 (Darlington). The date is probably February/March 1960. D5067 carries the reduced height fuel tank whilst D5094 has the radiator screen frame and the filter frames picked out in white.
The twelve year nine month career of 5067 saw allocations to Eastern Region & Scottish Region depots.
Built Derby Locomotive Works.
The frames for D5067 were laid down during the last quarter of 1959 at Derby Works. D5067 was new to March (31B) on December 24th 1959. Further transfers were:
January 1961 to Stratford (30A).
D5067 was withdrawn after sustaining collision damage. It was moved to Glasgow Works during November 1972 and scrapped there by late October 1973.
Works visits (records incomplete).
Noted Stratford Works April 1962.
D5067 was noted on a passenger (excursion?) working at Brighton early in June, presumably from an Eastern Region London area station.
Surrounded by many Clayton locomotives, withdrawn D5067 at Glasgow Works on April 21st 1973. Also present at Glasgow Works on this day was sister locomotive D5068 in the process of being cut up.
Page created January 9th 2016.